The need to anchor our children in the fundamental tenets of harmonious living is a quintessential part of our lives. Systematic reinforcement in the form of life skills helps children to understand and appreciate the dynamics of a changing world and the challenges it offers. Life skills education aims at facilitating the development of psychological skills that are required to deal with the demands and challenges of everyday living. It includes the application of life skills in the context of situations where children need to be empowered to promote and protect their rights. Not only this but life skills education also lays the foundation for learning skills that are in great demand in today’s job market. Keeping this in Mind, K.R. Mangalam World School understands its importance and focuses adequately on this vital part of education and strives to achieve the following objectives.
- Strengthen and improve school health
- Promote the development of long term holistic life skills
- Promote democracy, gender equality and peace
- Prevent health and social problems
- Preparing children for changing social circumstances